| John Camp (right) is the lead excavator of the Agora Excavations |
I feel extremely lucky, blessed, and kind of surreal at the same time. Looks like I will get to use my archaeological pass for one more summer:)
It's like the Grateful Dead says, "What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been"... I grew up wanting to be an astronaut, then a comic book artist... ended up becoming an art teacher, illustrated some children's books (and some comic books), began teaching art history, fell in love with Renaissance/Baroque art, traveled to Greece to learn where the Humanism of the Renaissance focused, fell in love with Classical art/architecture (although I always loved the old stuff), and now am going to dig in the place that was central to Athenian life, where great men walked, and some immortalized. When someone asks me how I get to this point, I really can't explain it: I took the long way.
...stay tuned this summer for a lot of photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages will be reviewed before publication.