There are a few things in life that I never know when I will be back, so I make sure that I always see them every time I go there: Michaelangelo's David in Florence and his Sistine Chapel ceiling at the Vatican, for example. Well, I feel the same way about the Acropolis. Last time I was in Athens with the Summer Session, we visited maybe 4-5 times. We had got to see behind the scenes of the restorations, and even got to go inside the Parthenon.
So the Acropolis is one of the things that I will look forward to visiting no matter how many times I go to Athens...I wish I could say the same about the tourists :( After seeing some of the older people make the hike (I was sweating like a madman in the morning sun), I am glad I get to see it while my legs are still relatively fresh.
Here is some video I took:
 |
| Seating at the Theatre of Dionysos |
 |
| Sculpture at the Theatre of Dionysos |
 |
| Theatre of Herodes Atticus, still in use |
 |
| In the upper left, you can see the Piraeus |
 |
Behind my fat thumb, you can see the Parthenon
(I can't believe this is the only picture I have of it from this trip) |
 |
| The Erechtheion |
 |
| Caryatids on the Erechtheion |
 |
| Restorations on the Temple of Athena Nike |
WIKI:
Areopagus
 |
| Myself on the Areopagus |
 |
| View of the Athenian Agora from the Areopagus |
WIKI:
Pnyx
 |
| View of the Pynx |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages will be reviewed before publication.