 |
| Piraeus Archaeological Museum |
Today I made the jaunt down to the Piraeus, in order to go to their archaeological museum. It has some of the most impressive bronze statue collections I have ever seen. Last time I went there it was by bus, so I was surprised to see how long it took to take the Metro there, and then walk over to the museum.
If bronzes are one reason to stop by this museum, then grave stelae are the other reason.
There are things I really enjoy seeing, such as how Greeks ran their daily lives:
 |
| Measures and standards for amounts. |
 |
Measures and standards for length.
(You may have to click on the picture to see the arm, hand, etc.) |
And then those magnificent bronzes:
 |
| Bronze statue of Athena |
 |
| Detail of Gorgon head on her Chiton |
 |
Statue of Artemis
|
 |
| bronze theater mask |
 |
bronze kouros statue
|
I am a little disappointed, as I wanted to go and see the Long Walls, but I will have to make another trip there for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Messages will be reviewed before publication.