6.12.2011

My arrival in Athens.

Well, I have arrived in Athens at 3 am on Saturday morning (Left Houston at 6:30 pm on Thursday) ... due to lack of sleep, I am pretty much a zombie at this point. I received my luggage and took the Express X96(?) bus to Syntagma Square, which I was pretty familiar with, and able to get to the American School. On the bus, I saw that we were passing a few blocks from the school, so I rang the bell, and headed on up to the school. I got my keys from the guards and headed up the hill (pretty steep normally, and when carrying around 100 lbs of luggage, tough) taking a break every few steps. It was three blocks uphill from the school, thankfully... I was hoping for a location near the school, and I got it.

Statue that let me know where I was.
If not for this, I would have taken another 2-3 hours to get to my apt.
I found the place, messed with the doors (in my zombie state, not really sure which floor I was on), and got my room, and crashed for the night. I ended up arriving at the apartment at 5 am and slept until about 2-3 pm.

I then met my two roommates, David and Stephen who are very nice guys, and there should be one more. (EDIT: as of 6/16/2011, have not seen him yet).

My backyard for the summer.
One word: pigeons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages will be reviewed before publication.